The case presented here concerns a male, born in 1931, who was an electrician for 34 years . He had frequent and close contact with asbestos, chrysotile and amphiboles in large buildings in which he fitted electric cables and worked in ventilation shafts. In addition, the patient smoked for 48 pack-years. His health problems began in 1982 with severe rheumatoid arthritis, and he retired in 1987 at the age of 56 years because of this disease.
- ©ERS 2005
Breathe articles are open access and distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Licence 4.0.